Last Sunday we decided to go to the pool, but when we realized we didn't have access to any pools near us, we decided to get the sprinkler out and just have a good time in the back yard. While we were playing around, Asher wanted to go for a ride on Noah's bike. This is a bike that was given to Noah from his good friend Austen when Austen got a bigger bike. It's been sitting in our back yard a while not getting much attention. He generally sticks with stuff he knows, so the tricycle was his ride of choice. But after Asher went for a ride on the big bike with Billy pushing him, Noah had to take a turn. The kid was riding the bike around like a pro. It came out of nowhere and it was one of those bittersweet moments that made me so very proud of him because he tried something new and, as a bonus, did well at it, but sad, at the same time, because I realized how fast he's growing up. It was just one of those moments that I'll always remember.
Speaking of those moments, I had another one this morning. Asher was scared to walk near our cat because the cat's been pouncing on him lately. It was time to get in the car so Noah grabbed Asher's hand and walked through the garage and out to the car with him. I was behind them watching them walk hand in hand together. I sooo wish I had the camera, but there was no way to grab it in time. Instead, I just stood there and let my heart melt a little.



1 comment:
Wow! They are getting so big! And the hand holding story is the sweetest thing I've ever heard. Glad you guys seem so happy in your new home. That basketball court has come in handy!
Post a Comment