Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Canyon Lake

We had a little adventure this past weekend.  We headed out to Canyon Lake on Friday evening and stayed through Sunday.  I was a little hesitant about going because Asher has been having some issues.  I was especially worried because we were staying in a 3 bedroom mobile home with another couple and their two children.  The last thing any of us needed after an exhausting day was a toddler screaming for hours in the middle of the night.  But I guess Asher was tired enough that he slept through the night so that disaster was averted.  Unfortunately for me, the 1st night there, I tossed and turned for hours before I finally went to sleep.  I think that might have been the most uncomfortable bed I've ever been on.  But the second night, I was also tired enough to pretty much sleep through the night. 

Saturday we rented a pontoon and spent most of the day on the boat.  That was the most fun I've had in a long time.  It was actually relaxing.  For never being on a boat, the boys really seemed to enjoy it.  They were both able to take a little nap, which always helps.  They liked the water.  Noah almost got in but decided against it and rode a jet ski with Billy instead.  Asher got in for a few minutes and wanted to stay longer, but it was tough to hold onto him in the choppy water.  When we weren't on the lake, the boys really enjoyed playing on the playground that was right in front of our cabin.  That was a definite lifesaver. 

Noah chilling on the boat

Billy and Asher

 Asher taking his nap

Billy and Noah splashing the water from the side of the boat

Billy and Noah on the jet ski - They had a blast!

The boys playing together

 Asher loved sitting in the big boy chair to eat

Here's Brian

His wife, Wendy 

And their kids: Austen is on the boat and Riley is riding in the tube with her friend

No comments: