Billy is coming home this Friday, Oct. 30th, for 3 weeks. Our plan was for him to be here for the birth, but obviously Asher decided he wasn't going to wait around. Fortunately, the hospital has wireless internet and we got to Skype. Billy was with me on the computer for most of the labor. About 20 minutes before Asher was born, I was 5-6 cm dilated and then we lost our connection with Billy. The contractions started coming hard and fast and I was 9.5 cm in no time. There were about 5 people in the room trying to get Billy back on the computer but we had no luck. We got reconnected with him about 2 minutes after Asher was born. So he kind of missed the actual delivery, but at least he was there for everything else.
We came home Saturday morning and we're doing good! It's a big adjustment, and Asher took two of my weekends away, so the to do list hasn't been completed, but we'll make it!



1 comment:
Oh my Gosh! I can't believe your water broke AT WORK!!! That is insane! I'm so sorry that Billy missed it. We couldn't get any wireless signal at all when we were at that hospital, so it's fortunate that you did. You're one strong woman, handling that without him. That's one cute baby :-)
Post a Comment