Friday, October 2, 2009

My To-Do List

Yep, this entry is more for me than for you. I know I've been MIA for a little while, but we're on a serious countdown these days. It's a little less than 5 weeks before our new bundle of joy is due to arrive AND only 4 weeks until Billy comes home to visit. Between working full time and the commute every day, I have to plan most of my To Do list and errands on the weekends. Putting it in that perspective, I have very little time to take care of business - 4 weekends! Not that you're really interested, but just so you see that I really am busy, here are just a few of the things I have to get done and unfortunately the list keeps growing instead of getting smaller.
  • Get tire replaced at Costco. I ran over something last weekend in our neighborhood and had a flat tire in a matter of minutes. I have a great neighbor who very graciously came over and put the spare on for me, but it was bad enough that Costco couldn't repair the tire and had to order a new one.

  • Find some pants and a jacket or two that fit Noah. It was 51 degrees a couple of mornings this week when we walked out the door and Noah looked pretty silly in a jacket that was 2 sizes too small. Poor guy.

  • Get ready for Noah's birthday party: buy invites, supplies, order cake, reserve place, etc. Plus I need to get his present put together. I hope tricycles are easy.

  • Have Noah's party on the 17th.

  • Wash baby clothes for our new arrival. They're clean, but they've been sitting in a trash bag for two years. The little guy has to deal with hand me downs, but they can at least smell good :)

  • Wash the car seat and pack n play stuff.

  • Install car seats.

  • Clean out the walk in closet in the nursery. It's not pretty.

  • Skim the book, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. It worked great for Noah and I really hope the new little guy will be a decent sleeper so I'll do everything I can to help him out.

  • Pack my bag for the hospital.
  • Maybe pamper myself just a bit. I'd love to fit in a massage and a pedicure. A good hair cut would be awesome too! I'd like to look a little decent when my hubby gets here even if I am waddling around with an extra 30+ pounds.

I know it doesn't look like a whole lot, but on top of the every day tasks of working, cleaning, washing, making sure we're fed, etc., it adds up quickly. The biggest problem is that I really just want to hang out and play with Noah, especially since we're all in for a BIG change in just a few weeks!

1 comment:

The Phillips said...

Wow--I completely understand. I don't know how you do it girl--but you are superwoman!!! Hang in there and call me if you need anything at all!