Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Fantasy Tragedy

The updates on us:
  • Billy is home safe and sound.
  • Noah just turned 10 months old.
  • I got a promotion.

There will be more information to come on those things, but I have to get to the important stuff.

I've been completely excited about football season. First of all, I LOVE the Dallas Cowboys. I've loved them since I was a little girl and my older sister would sneak me out of bed to watch them when they were on late at night. A few years ago Billy got me to join a fantasy football league and I had my first fantasy team. I came in 2nd place that year and I was hooked. My team last year came in 2nd to last, but I blamed that on lack of sleep, lack of time, and my whacked out hormones (all thanks to my wonderful son!). So this year I was set to redeem myself. I was 2nd in the draft and stoked because I got Tom Brady. Who can go wrong with Tom Brady? He's an awesome QB, has a great team, a decent offensive line (so Billy says), and on top of all that, he's hot! Who could ask for more? I'm set for the season and I can taste victory. Then what happens?!?!?! He doesn't even get to finish the 1st quarter of the 1st game of the season before he gets taken out with a knee injury. And, poof, he's gone for the rest of the season. Even though, as Billy would say, "there's plenty of ball left to be played", my fantasy team isn't looking so good right now and the taste of victory has been replaced with something that doesn't taste quite so sweet.

RIP - Tom Brady

tom brady injured Pictures, Images and Photos

But I still love my boys!!!

Dallas Cowboys Pictures, Images and Photos

Go Cowboys! Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments: