
If you're from South Carolina, you know what the title is about and you recognize the picture. If you're not, the Bridge Run is an annual 10k that takes place starting in Mt. Pleasant, goes over the Cooper River Bridge, and ends in downton Charleston. It's a huge event that has even had a few famous people participate. I heard Oprah did it one year. Anyway, I did it last year for the first time and LOVED it. I never thought running 6.22 miles could be so enjoyable, but it really was! So I was very excited about this year. I was ready to compete with myself and was really hoping to beat my time from last year. By the way, I completed it last year in 1:04:10, and I was very proud of that time, especially since I'd never run 6 miles straight in my life. So this year's Bridge Run was this past Saturday and the weather was perfect!!! The first year I tried to go it was cold and rainy, so the weather is always hit or miss in the beginning of April. Anyway, the weather was good, I ran almost the whole way, and I had a great time. Unfortunately, I did not beat my time from last year, but I have good reason. I guess there's always next year. My goal is to do it in less than an hour so I need all of you to remember and hold me accountable for next year's race! I'll need all the help I can get!



No comments:
Post a Comment